Have you thought about homeschooling, but have no clue where to begin? Are you a new homeschooler trying to make sense of it all? Either way, you probably have so many different questions and concerns that you hardly know where to begin. We've been there! You need to do some research, so grab a cup of coffee and plan to spend the morning or afternoon reading, taking notes and laying the groundwork on what you need to do and what will work best for your family. The results in homeschooling success will be well worth the time you invest now. The following advice should lead you in the right direction.
- Have lots of questions about homeschooling? Read the Frequent Questions (FAQs) on the Main Menu first. It's an exhaustive list of answers to every question we've ever been asked. You'll likely find the answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet!
- Do you want to enroll with us? Enrollment & Forms on the Main Menu will give you step-by-step instructions. (Yes, we accept new enrollments year-round.)
- Interested in Outlook Academy's fees and requirements? Click on About Us or Enrollment & Forms.
- Don't know where to go for curriculum? Click on Curriculum on the Homeschool Info menu for suggestions, descriptions and reviews.
- Need more help or advice? Find a local homeschool support group and attend the next meeting. They have been where you are and will be happy to help! Click on Support Groups on the Homeschool Info menu for a statewide list.
- Looking for fellow homeschoolers? Again, a local homeschool support group should meet your needs, as well as those of your children. Click on Support Groups on the Homeschool Info menu for a statewide list or see the question below.
- Looking for a club, co-op, special class, or specific social opportunities for your child? Click on Extracurricular Activities on the Homeschool Info menu for an extensive list of activities in the tri-county area.
- Homeschooling more than one child? It's not as difficult as you may think! Click on Homeschooling More Than One Child on the Homeschool Info menu for more information.