We are blessed with easy homeschool laws in Alabama! However, whether you have been homeschooling one year or ten, if you are new to Alabama, you probably have so many different questions and concerns that you hardly know where to begin. Every state has different homeschool laws, but don't despair! You need to do some research, so grab a cup of coffee and plan to spend the morning or afternoon reading, taking notes and laying the groundwork on what you need to do and what will work best for your family. The results in homeschooling success will be well worth the time you invest now. The following advice should get you started and lead you in the right direction.
- Do you want to know what the laws say about homeschooling in Alabama, or other general questions? Read the Frequent Questions (FAQs) on the Main Menu first. It's an exhaustive list of answers to every question we've ever been asked. You'll likely find the answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet!
- Do you want to enroll with us? Enrollment & Forms on the Main Menu will give you step-by-step instructions.
- Interested in Outlook Academy's fees and requirements? Click on About Us or Enrollment & Forms.
- Need more help or advice? Find a local support group and attend the next meeting. They have been where you are and will be happy to help! Click on Support Groups on the Homeschool Info menu for a statewide list.
- Looking for fellow homeschoolers? A local homeschool support group should meet your needs, as well as those of your children. Click on Support Groups on the Homeschool Info menu for a statewide list.
- Looking for a club, co-op, special class, or specific social opportunities for your child? Click on Extracurricular Activities on the Homeschool Info menu for an extensive list of activities in the tri-county area.
- Want to learn more about your new state? Maybe an Alabama history course would be fun! Click on Alabama State History Curriculum on the Homeschool Info to find out more.